The procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Numbing the area around the affected tooth to minimise discomfort.
- Removal of decayed tissue and cleaning of the affected area.
- Placement of the composite resin material in layers, with each layer being hardened or “cured” using an ultra-violet special light.
- Shaping the composite resin to achieve a natural look and to ensure a comfortable bite.
- Polishing the filling to prevent staining and early wear.
The procedure is generally completed in a single visit, offering you a restored smile in no time.